Jason Kidd might look like the “bad guy” right now for trying to leave the Nets, but it might be the smartest thing for him to do, opines Mike Lupica of The New York Daily News. Lupica cites the Nets’ declining roster, absentee owner, and a franchise that seemingly prizes headlines over wins as reasons Kidd might be trying to leave Brooklyn.
More from the east:
- With the draft behind them the Celtics now look to free agency as their next step in rebuilding the franchise. Ben Rohrbach of WEEI 93.7 FM breaks down the available free agent small forwards the team could be targeting this offseason.
- The staff at Basketball Insiders (video link) discuss what’s next for the Heat now that their “Big Three” have all opted out of their deals.
- Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel analyzes the Magic‘s draft night deal with the Sixers, and wonders if Orlando gave up too much to acquire Elfrid Payton.
- Ettore Messina has emerged as a potential candidate to replace Kidd as the Nets coach, reports Emiliano Carchia of Sportando.
- Lavoy Allen plans to attend the Pacers rookie and free agent camp next week, reports Scott Agness of NBA.com.