Jason Kidd met with members of the Bucks on Friday, and a resolution to the situation is expected within the next 24 hours, reports Charles F. Gardner of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (Twitter links). Gardner also notes that Kidd was discussing only a coaching position, and the Nets were asking for a first-round draft pick, while the Bucks are offering a second-rounder as compensation.
More from around the league:
- Joe Rexrode of The Detroit Free Press looks at the draft outcomes for former Michigan State Spartans, Gary Harris and Adreian Payne.
- The Suns plan to pursue both LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony this summer, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. In the article, Wojnarowski weighs in on how the franchise could make both of their salaries fit while still retaining Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic.
- Marc Porcaro of SecretRival.com breaks down the current Summer League rosters for the NBA.
- Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee profiles the Kings‘ latest addition, Nik Stauskas, and looks at what he brings to the franchise.
- Marvin Williams, an unrestricted free agent, is garnering significant interest from some contending teams, reports Tony Jones of The Salt Lake City Tribune (Twitter link).
- Marc Stein of ESPN.com (video link) breaks down what compensation the Nets could be looking for if the Bucks want to hire Kidd as their new coach.
- The Jazz are prepared to match any offers that restricted free agent Gordon Hayward might get, reports Jody Genessy of The Deseret News (Twitter links). The Suns, Celtics, and Hornets are already interested in Hayward, Genessy reports. Phoenix might possibly offer a near max deal, according to the tweet.
Retweet 0 Share 0 Send via email0
3 thoughts on “And-Ones: Suns, Summer League, Kidd”
I’m not surprised the Suns would try to make pitches to those guys. I mentioned that during the season. They have a ton going for them with their current roster, assets, and cap space, and they would be good fits on that team