On this date in 2007, troubled forward Eddie Griffin died in a car crash in Houston. The former Seton Hall star had more than three times the legal alcohol limit in his system when he crashed. Griffin was drafted with the No. 7 overall pick in the 2001 draft, a testament to his talent and athleticism, but was never able to put it all together at the next level.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Six Championship Drive talks Greg Monroe and the qualifying offer.
- Indy Cornrows is glad to see Paul George‘s positive attitude.
- Red Rock Fantasy Basketball joined in on an industry mock draft.
- Pounding The Rock discusses Kawhi Leonard‘s next deal.
- Bullets Forever looks at how the Wizards can stop the Cavs.
- Welcome To Loud City examines OKC in a year from now.
- The Bird Writes discusses Omer Asik‘s defensive impact.