With the NBA trade deadline now passed, teams are focusing on locking down playoff spots or vying for a better chance in the draft lottery. Outside of the players who are added on 10-day deals, or those lucky enough to turn those auditions into long-term contracts, teams’ rosters are relatively set for the remainder of the season.
We at Hoops Rumors are in the process of taking a look ahead at each franchise’s salary cap situation heading into the summer, and the free agent frenzy that occurs every offseason. While the exact amount of the 2015/16 salary cap won’t be announced until July, the cap is projected to come in at $67.4MM, with the luxury tax threshold projected at approximately $81MM. This year’s $63.065MM cap represented an increase of 7.7% over 2013/14, which was well above the league’s projected annual increase of 4.5%.
We’ll continue by taking a look at the Mavericks’ cap outlook for 2015/16…
Here are the players with guaranteed contracts:
- Devin Harris — $4,053,446
- Gal Mekel (Stretch Provision) — $315,759
- Dirk Nowitzki — $8,333,334
- Chandler Parsons — $15,361,500
Here are the players with non-guaranteed contracts:
- Dwight Powell — $845,059
Players with options:
- Al-Farouq Aminu (Player Option) — $1,100,602
- Monta Ellis (Player Option) — $8,720,000
- Raymond Felton (Player Option) — $3,950,313
The Mavs’ Cap Summary for 2015/16:
- Guaranteed Salary: $28,064,039
- Options/Non-Guaranteed Salary: $14,615,974
- Total: $42,680,013
The Basketball Insiders salary pages were used in the creation of this post.