With the NBA trade deadline passed, teams are focusing on locking down playoff spots or vying for a better chance in the draft lottery. Outside of the players who are added on 10-day deals, or those lucky enough to turn those auditions into long-term contracts, teams’ rosters are relatively set for the remainder of the season.
We at Hoops Rumors are in the process of taking a look ahead at each franchise’s salary cap situation heading into the summer, and the free agent frenzy that occurs every offseason. While the exact amount of the 2015/16 salary cap won’t be announced until July, the cap is projected to come in somewhere around $67.4MM, with the luxury tax threshold projected at approximately $81MM. This year’s $63.065MM cap represented an increase of 7.7% over 2013/14, which was well above the league’s projected annual increase of 4.5%.
We’ll continue onward by taking a look at the Magic’s cap outlook for 2015/16…
Here are the players with guaranteed contracts:
- Evan Fournier — $2,288,205
- Channing Frye — $8,193,029
- Aaron Gordon — $4,171,680
- Maurice Harkless — $2,894,059
- Andrew Nicholson — $2,380,593
- Victor Oladipo — $5,192,520
- Elfrid Payton — $2,505,720
- Nikola Vucevic — $11,250,000
Here are the players with non-guaranteed contracts:
Players with options:
The Magic’s Cap Summary for 2015/16:
- Guaranteed Salary: $38,875,806
- Options/Non-Guaranteed Salary: $9,042,335
- Total: $47,918,141
The Basketball Insiders salary pages were used in the creation of this post.