The relationship between the NBA and the D-League continues to grow, and 17 NBA franchises currently have one-to-one D-League affiliates amongst the 18 D-League teams. The remaining 13 NBA teams shared the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season. We at Hoops Rumors will be recapping each team’s use of the D-League this season, looking at assignments and recalls as well as the players signed out of the D-League. We’ll continue onward with a look back at how the Rockets utilized the D-League during the 2014/15 campaign…
D-League Team: Rio Grande Valley Vipers
Affiliation Type: One-to-one
D-League Team Record: 27-23
Number of NBA Players Assigned To D-League: 3
Total D-League Assignments: 11
Player Stats While On Assignment
- Clint Capela: 5 assignments, 38 games, 16.1 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 3.0 BPG. .600/.000/.596.
- Nick Johnson: 5 assignments, 20 games, 18.2 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 5.1 APG. .428/.283/.789.
- Isaiah Canaan: 1 assignment, 4 games, 21.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 8.5 APG. .368/.349/.633.
- November 10th: Assigned Clint Capela (Recalled December 2nd)
- November 18th: Assigned Nick Johnson (Recalled November 24th)
- December 16th: Assigned Clint Capela (Recalled December 25th)
- December 27th: Assigned Clint Capela (Recalled January 25th)
- January 3rd: Assigned Nick Johnson (Recalled February 1st)
- January 11th: Assigned Isaiah Canaan (Recalled January 26th)
- January 29th: Assigned Clint Capela (Recalled February 9th)
- February 4th: Assigned Nick Johnson (Recalled February 9th)
- February 19th: Assigned Nick Johnson (Recalled February 23rd)
- February 19th: Assigned Clint Capela (Recalled March 27th)
- March 6th: Assigned Nick Johnson (Recalled March 8th)