The NBA issued a press release today announcing that 88 prospects who declared for the 2021 draft as early entrants earlier this year have withdrawn their names from the draft pool.
We’ve passed along updates on most of these players in recent weeks, but the following names on today’s list are ones that we hadn’t written about yet. They’ve pulled out of the 2021 NBA draft and will retain their NCAA eligibility for at least one more year:
- Josiah Agnew, G, Denmark Technical College (SC) (freshman)
- Dalonte Brown, F, Miami (Ohio) (senior)
- D.J. Burns Jr., F, Winthrop (sophomore)
- Lydell Elmore, F, High Point (senior)
- Patrick Greene Jr., G, National Park College (AR) (sophomore)
- Ron Harper Jr., G/F, Rutgers (junior)
- Trevor Hudgins, G, NW Missouri State (junior)
- David Jean-Baptiste, G, Chattanooga (senior)
- Jalen Johnson, F, Mississippi State (senior)
- Jaizec Lottie, G, Flagler (FL) (senior)
- Loudon Love, F, Wright State (senior)
- Issa Muhammad, F, Daytona State (FL) (sophomore)
- Jordan Phillips, G/F, UT Arlington (junior)
- Antonio Reeves, G, Illinois State (sophomore)
- Shawn Royal Jr., G/F, Victory Rock Prep (FL) (post-graduate)
- Maleek Taylor, F, Allen University (SC) (senior)
- Alonzo Verge Jr., G, Arizona State (senior)
- Richard Washington Jr., G/F, San Jose State (senior)
- Keith Williams, G, Cincinnati (senior)
Our unofficial list of early entrants is now up to date, to the best of our knowledge. While the NCAA’s early entrant withdrawal deadline came and went this past Wednesday, the NBA’s own deadline is on July 19, so there will still be a number of early entrants removing their names from the draft in the next nine days — especially international prospects, since the NCAA deadline didn’t apply to them at all.
We’ll continue updating our list of early entrants through the NBA’s withdrawal deadline on July 19, and will eventually provide an official list of this year’s draft-eligible early entrants.