Monday was the deadline for players to withdraw from the NBA draft, and the league has announced the list of those who’ve pulled out. The deadline applied mostly to prospects from overseas, since any collegian who takes his name out of consideration at this point isn’t be able to return to NCAA competition. Mychal Ammons of South Alabama is the only U.S.-based player who withdrew, but he’d already signed a deal with an overseas club.
Yesterday’s reports identified several of the prospects taking their names out of the draft, as well as some high-profile players staying in, and we’ve added the previously unreported names of those pulling out to the top of the list below. For the complete register of early entrants denoting those who’ve withdrawn, click here.
Withdrawing from the draft
- Ammons, Berkay Candan, Tomas Dimsa, Marko Ramljak, Alejandro Suarez, Devon Van Oostrum are all out of the draft, the NBA announced.
- Joonas Caven has pulled out of the draft, agent K.C. Callero tells Givony (Twitter link).
- Matias Bortolin is withdrawing from the draft, his agent tells Sportando (Twitter link).
- Ilja Gromovs will exit the draft, too, agent Arturs Kalnitis says to Givony (Twitter link).
- Mateusz Ponitka has removed his name from draft consideration, Givony tweets.
- Moussa Diagne and Guillem Vives will take their names out of the draft, agent Herb Ruboy says to Givony (Twitter link).
- Rasmus Larsen has decided to exit the draft, as agent Doug Neustadt informs Givony (Twitter link).
- OKK Spars Sarajevo teammates Nedim Buza and Adin Vrabac have decided to pull out of the draft, agent Alexander Raskovic tweets.
- Lefteris Bochoridis has withdrawn from the draft, a source tells Shams Charania of RealGM.
Remaining in the draft
- Jokic isn’t the only prospect to flip-flop today. Damien Inglis changed his mind and has decided to keep his name in the draft, agent Pedja Materic tells Jonthan Givony of DraftExpress (via Twitter).
- Raznatovic, Saric’s agent, took to Twitter to confirm that his client will remain in the draft (hat tip to Charles F. Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).
- Nikola Jokic has changed his mind and will remain in the draft after all, Raznatovic tweets (hat tip to Chad Ford of ESPN.com).
- Dario Saric will stay in the draft, a source tells David Pick of Eurobasket.com (Twitter link).
- Vasilije Micic remains in the draft, agent Misko Raznatovic tweets.
- Clint Capela will keep his name in this year’s draft, agent Bouna Ndiaye tells Givony (Twitter link).