The Hawks have issued a press release confirming several new additions to Quin Snyder‘s coaching staff, most of which have been previously reported.
Those additions are as follows:
- Igor Kokoskov, the former head coach of the Suns and most recently a Nets assistant.
- Ekpe Udoh, a former NBA center who played for Snyder in Utah from 2017-19 and recently retired as a player.
- Bryan Bailey, who worked as an assistant on Snyder’s staff in Utah.
- Mike Brey, the longtime head coach at Notre Dame.
- Brittni Donaldson, a former assistant with the Raptors and Pistons.
- Antonio Lang, a Cavaliers assistant who worked under Snyder in Utah from 2014-19.
- Sanjay Lumpkin, a former Jazz player development coach.
The Hawks are also bringing back Steven Klei and Jeff Watkinson, two more former Jazz assistants who joined Snyder’s staff in March.
Additionally, Reggis Onwukamuche – a former College Park Skyhawks player and Jazz video room staffer – is joining the team as a player development coach, while Bryan George – formerly an assistant coach for ASVEL in France – has also been formally added to the player development staff in a video coordinator role.
Snyder replaced Nate McMillan as the Hawks’ head coach midway through the 2022/23 season, so ’23/24 will be his first full year on the team’s bench. As such, it’s no surprise that he was given the opportunity to revamp his staff and replace several of McMillan’s old assistants this spring.