Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld took a look this morning at a few names he expects to be discussed in the weeks leading up to March's trade deadline. Here are a few highlights from the piece:
- The Jazz and Grizzlies are among the many teams that have some interest in Chris Kaman.
- The Rockets have been active, but are seeking a significant return for players like Jordan Hill, Chase Budinger, and Luis Scola.
- With just over $34MM committed in 2012/13 salaries, the Nets wouldn't mind clearing some future cap room by moving Anthony Morrow or Jordan Farmar prior to the trade deadline.
- If the Cavaliers are still in the mix for a playoff spot as the deadline approaches, don't expect them to become sellers.
- Although the Bobcats aren't shopping D.J. Augustin, Kyler hears from sources close to the team that they'll listen to offers if they can obtain draft picks and gain financial flexibility.
- When Wilson Chandler returns to the NBA from China, the Raptors plan to "make life hard" for the Nuggets. Denver has the rights to Chandler as a restricted free agent, but Toronto may try to move Jose Calderon or Leandro Barbosa to gather assets for a sign-and-trade offer for Chandler.