Just days after announcing a new deal with General Manager Neil Olshey, the Clippers announced today that the two sides mutally agreed to part ways. Mere minutes later, news broke that Olshey had reached an agreement to become the next GM of the Trail Blazers. Here are the latest reactions and fallout from today's shocking news..
- Blazers president Larry Miller told reporters that that Olshey has a relationship with head coach Kaleb Canales and that would probably be to Canales' advantage, tweets Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
- When asked about the club's next head coach, Miller says that the team's major focus is the draft, Haynes tweets.
- Miller added that interim GM Chad Buchanan is still someone that he would like to be involved with the organization and says that Olshey has a lot of respect for him, tweets Haynes.
- For his part, Buchanan says that he has yet to speak with Olshey, tweets Jason Quick of The Oregonian. "I don't have any idea if he will want to keep me," Buchanan said.
- Bert Kolde, a confidante of Allen with significant influence, was known to be pushing Olshey, according to Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated (via Twitter).
- J.A. Adande of ESPN (via Twitter) notes that the Clippers will now have a new GM build a relationship with Chris Paul and Blake Griffin from scratch right before it's time to talk about new contracts.