We're less than 14 hours away from the July moratorium coming to an end and this season's signing period beginning in earnest. As of 11:00pm central time tonight, teams can officially sign free agents, trades can be consummated, and players can sign contract extensions. In the meantime, free agents have one more day to try to reach contract agreements before clubs start finalizing the moves they've agreed to over the last week and a half. We'll track today's rumors on free agents here, with the newest updates up top:
- Jonny Flynn has worked out for the Hawks and will visit the Bulls on Friday, tweets Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports. Count the Cavs as another team interested in the point guard's services.
- Look for the Heat to add a minimum-scale big man, such as Kwame Brown or Joel Przybilla, as they finish up their offseason spending, tweets Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.
- Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times (Twitter link) hears from NBA officials that the Bucks have some interest in Ian Mahinmi.
- The Trail Blazers have been in touch with Suns restricted free agent Robin Lopez, according to Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com (Twitter link).
- Within an Insider piece on the top remaining free agents, ESPN.com's Chad Ford notes that Carl Landry is seeking a lucrative one-year deal.
- The Heat, Bulls, Raptors, Wizards, Timberwolves, and Celtics are among the teams eyeing John Lucas III, tweets Chris Tomasson of FOX Sports Florida.
- Courtney Lee tells Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld that there's still a chance he returns to Houston. However, he would likely have to find an offer with another team, then the Rockets would consider matching it — there doesn't seem to be a formal offer on the table from the Rockets at the moment (allTwitterlinks).
- Mike James and Pablo Prigioni are on the Knicks' radar as potential third-string point guards, according to Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com (Twitterlinks).
- Larry Coon of ESPN.com and HoopsWorld tweets that the Lakers have some interest in Jodie Meeks.
- The Rockets, Spurs, Hawks are displaying interest in Brazilian center Rafael Hettsheimeir, says Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio. We heard yesterday that the Mavericks were interested in Hettsheimeir.
- Rashard Lewis is mulling over an offer from the Heat but will meet with other teams this week, tweets Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld.