We're at the midway point of summer and – surprise, surprise – our long national Dwightmare continues. The Rockets and Magic have had some serious dialogue about a trade, but the two sides still have a long way to go. This week's installment of Hoops Links has a couple of items on Dwight Howard but a healthy dose of non-DH blog pieces as well.
If you have a blog item that you feel should be a part of Hoops Links for next week, send me an email at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the web..
- The True Fan's Sports Blog isn't a huge fan of Magic GM Rob Hennigan.
- Hardwood Paroxysm crunched the numbers and found that the league is getting older.
- RealGM has an idea of what the Magic should seek in return for Howard.
- Bullets Forever thinks that Trevor Ariza can make a big difference for the Wizards on offense.
- Stepien Rules hopes to see the Cavs get some national TV time this year.
- Ballin Europe wonders if anyone can stop Team USA.
- The Basketball Post previews the 2012 Nike Global Challenge.
- Bucksketball takes an optimistic look at the Ersan Ilyasova deal.
- NBA 24 7 365 looks at another pay cut that was almost as steep as Rashard Lewis'.
- Know Hitter notes that Seattle is the one market where the Heat aren't the No. 1 villains.
- NIU BBall understands why the Chinese national team cut Wang Zhelin.
- A Stern Warning gives us five Aussies to watch in the summer leagues.
- Sactown Royalty wonders if the Kings will give Jimmer Fredette a real shot at point guard.
- Blazer's Edge is happy to see the franchise hang on to their money rather than waste it.
- Forum Blue & Gold has an eye on a few summer leaguers.
- Eight Points Nine Seconds believes that Brian Shaw will make a great head coach.
- Magic Basketball plays fact or fiction.
- Red 94 writes that the Rockets could turn out to be huge winners.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.