Derek Page of HoopsWorld conducted his weekly NBA chat Saturday, where he touched on several relevant topics, including the offseason moves and futures of the Mavs, Bulls, and Lakers, among other teams. Here are the highlights:
- Page thinks it is unlikely that the Mavericks will keep O.J. Mayo beyond this season, because if he plays well, he will command a higher salary than the Mavs would like to give him.
- He believes Antawn Jamison will be a better acquisition for the Lakers than Lamar Odom will be for the Clippers.
- Page doesn't foresee any more moves for the Lakers, who appear to have a set roster.
- It will be difficult for the Thunder to keep James Harden if he hits restricted free agency, writes Page.
- Page is surprised Leandro Barbosa has not been signed yet, pointing to the 29-year-old as a possible value signing.
- Page would like to see the present Bulls roster with a healthy Derrick Rose before weighing in on moves they should make.