Happy birthday to former NBA swingman Latrell Sprewell, who turns 41 today. Sprewell made four All-Star teams over the course of his 13 year career, but he is best known to some for his clash with Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo during the 1997 season. After being suspended for the rest of the season, the guard/forward would get his chance at redemption when he was traded to the Knicks for John Starks, Chris Mills and Terry Cummings in January of 1999. The Knicks were widely panned for gambling on the volatile Sprewell, but the club would surprise many by finding their way to the finals that season, where they would lose in five games to the Spurs.
If you have a great blog piece that you think we should feature in Hoops Links, then send it to me at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the blogosphere..
- Wages of Wins looks at Magic Johnson and his effect on the Lakers.
- Hardwood Paroxysm breaks down the heel turn of Dwight Howard.
- Red94 fills us in on the backup one-guard battle in Houston.
- Nets Are Scorching previews the Nets starting five with some statistical analysis.
- At The Hive wonders where the Hornets point guards rank.
- Hinton's Sports Highlights reflects on Virginia Beach's moment in the NBA sun.
- Bucksketball profiles veteran center Joel Pryzbilla.
- Bright Side Of The Sun previews the 2012/13 season in Phoenix.
- Truth About It continues to rank the top Wizards from across the last five seasons.
- RealGM looks ahead to the NBA's possible labor issues in 2017.
- Secret Rival helps us get familiar with the Belgian Ethas League.
- Bullets Forever thinks the Wizards have a better shot at the playoffs than the Hawks.
- Saving The Skyhook takes an optimistic look at the Raptors.
- Blazer's Edge has Bill Walton and Maurice Lucas as the most influential Blazers of all-time.
- SLC Dunk applies some psychology to the Jazz roster.
- The Hoop Doctors wonders what might have been in Boston.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.