HoopsWorld's Steve Kyler took to Twitter to reveal the career-threatening nature of Al Harrington's staph infection, and he also let loose with plenty of trade rumors along the way. We'll round up the juiciest tidbits here (all links via Twitter).
- The Spurs asked the Cavs about Anderson Varejao, but talks didn't proceed too far.
- The Hornets expect Eric Gordon back around Christmas, and aren't biting on any trade offers.
- The Raptors would be a willing partner in a trade that sends Jose Calderon to the Lakers, but Kyler isn't sure the purple-and-gold would be interested.
- Kyler hears Kevin Love "isn't remotely available," echoing what Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio wrote over the weekend, in spite of Love's critical comments about the Wolves last week.
- The Thunder, at a league-best 19-4, are understandably pleased with the season thus far, and they aren't looking to make any moves at the moment. As for the future, a strong playoff run could drive up Kevin Martin's price in free agency this summer, Kyler believes.