The draft is the next major engagement on the calendar for 26 of the NBA's 30 teams, and with the Grizzlies down 0-3 to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals, Memphis will soon join the teams looking ahead to June 27th. Here's the latest as the volume of draft chatter increases:
- Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times makes note of Tony Mitchell's affinity for his native Milwaukee. Mitchell appears headed for the late first round or early second round, and could be a match for the Bucks, who pick 15th and 43rd.
- Woelfel also hears of Minnesota power forward Trevor Mbakwe's strong showing in a recent workout, and passes along that the Lakers, Rockets and Knicks are showing interest in second-round prospect Seth Curry.
- SB Nation's Jonathan Tjarks wonders if Mitchell could be the next Paul George.
- Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe unveils his first mock draft of the year, featuring Trey Burke as a fit for the Magic at No. 2 with Ben McLemore, widely considered a top-five pick, sliding to the Kings at No. 7.
- Chris Forsberg of ESPNBoston.com examines center Steven Adams, a possible Celtics target.
- HoopsWorld's Yannis Koutroupis identifies six potential sleepers in this year's draft class.