The Knicks are staring at a 3-1 deficit after falling to the Pacers for the second game in-a-row tonight in Indiana, 93-82. The Pacers will look to close out the Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Thursday in game 5 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal matchup.
While the now-less exciting second round of the NBA playoffs trundles on with the Spurs back at the cozy confines of AT&T Arena in San Antonio for game 5 against the Warriors, we've got more Andrew Wiggins and Sam Hinkie news, and some reports from the predraft NBA combine starting in Chicago tomorrow and going through Sunday..
- Andrew Wiggins announced he was attending the University of Kansas earlier today, but Adam Himmelsbach of USA Today Sports reports that Wiggins' parents weren't even aware of his final decision. The Canadian is projected to be the top pick in the 2014 draft.
- Chris Daniels of Seattle's King 5 (Twitter link) reports that Kevin Johnson has landed in Dallas and the mayor calls a recent lawsuit filed by two Sacramento attorneys baseless and desperate, among other words. Johnson and Vivek Ranadive's group are continuing their fight to keep their club in California's capital.
- More from Sam Hinkie via Tom Moore at PhillyBurbs including Hinkie's quote "I'm not afraid to push my chips to the middle." Hinkie recognizes that while the 76ers aren't in position to contend right away, he feels a sense of urgency to get the club back on track.
- David Mayo of MLive lists of all 63 invitees (62 college and one D-League) to the NBA's Draft Combine this Wednesday through Sunday. Projected No. 1 pick Nerlens Noel will be in attendance as he works his way back from a torn ACL.
- Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News says the Mavs have "71 draft-worthy" players to look at at the Predraft camp in Chicago.
- Warriors coach Mark Jackson talked to San Jose Mercury News' Tim Kawakami about Harrison Barnes' selection to the NBA's All-Rookie 1st Team, the status of David Lee, and more.