We’re looking to add part-time contributors to the Hoops Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 NBA teams, with no discernible bias. Knowledge of transaction-related concepts and collective bargaining agreement basics.
- Extensive writing experience is necessary with professional experience preferred. A background in journalism is a plus.
- Attention to detail. Absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names. Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need the best of both worlds: quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers, or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
- Evening and weekend availability is a must, typically for 5-11pm Central time shifts. Writers are occasionally called upon for daytime hours, too.
- At least some college education is required.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and take a couple of paragraphs to explain why you qualify and stand out. Many will likely apply, so unfortunately we cannot respond to all applications.