Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.
On this date in 1994, led by Hakeem Olajuwon‘s 25 points, ten rebounds, and seven assists, the Rockets defeated the Knicks 90-84 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, giving the Rockets their first NBA championship in franchise history. Olajuwon averaged 26 9 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.86 blocks for the series and was unanimously voted the Finals MVP, the first player to ever win the Defensive Player of the Year and both the regular season and Finals MVP awards in the same season. Meanwhile, Knicks guard Derek Harper set a Finals record for the most 3-point field goals made (17) in a seven-game series and Patrick Ewing set a Finals record for the most blocks in a series with 30.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- FanDuel has the definitive timeline of the Spurs trolling LeBron James.
- Six Championship Drive turned in their final 2014 NBA Draft big board.
- Sir Charles In Charge plays buy or sell with NBA Draft rumors.
- Shaw Sports looks at under-the-radar free agents, including Vince Carter.
- The Daily Dribble looks at how Joel Embiid‘s injury could affect the draft.
- NBADraft.net rolled out their latest mock draft.