Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.
On this date in 1949, the Basketball Association of America (BAA) merged with the National Basketball League (NBL) to form the NBA. The BAA included the Boston Celtics, Minneapolis Lakers (later Los Angeles Lakers), New York Knicks, Philadelphia Warriors (later Golden State Warriors), and the Rochester Royals (later Sacramento Kings). The NBL included the Syracuse Nationals (later Philadelphia 76ers) and the Tri-Cities Blackhawks (later Atlanta Hawks).
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Red Rock Fantasy Basketball laments the Paul George injury.
- The Daily Dribble gives us their all-time Grizzlies starting five.
- Hot Hot Hoops looks at what George’s injury means for the Heat.
- SLC Dunk tries to figure out what the Jazz have in Rudy Gobert.
- Grizzly Bear Blues sizes up Quincy Pondexter.
- At The Hive looks at the Hornets’ offseason agenda between now and training camp.