We’re looking to add part-time contributors to the Hoops Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 NBA teams, with no discernible bias.
- Knowledge of transaction-related concepts and the collective bargaining agreement.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail. We simply cannot tolerate spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance quick writing with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use an RSS feed reader. Ability to use Twitter. Both of these are crucial.
- Weekend availability. You must be available almost every weekend.
- Weeknight availability. You must be available almost every weeknight, from 5-11pm Central time.
- Flexibility. You must be available to work on short notice.
If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org and take a couple of paragraphs to explain why you qualify and stand out. Many will likely apply. So, unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applications.