Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.
On this date in 1990, Nat “Sweetwater” Clifton, the first African American player in Knicks history, passed away at the age of 67 from a heart attack. As a 27-year-old NBA rookie, Clifton helped lead the Knicks to their first-ever appearance in the NBA finals, losing in Game Seven. During his eight seasons in the NBA, Clifton averaged 10 PPG and 9 RPG per contest. At age 34, he became the oldest player to that point in NBA history to be named an All-Star.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Six Championship Drive previews the 2014 World Cup.
- Hoops Habit has five bold predictions for the Thunder.
- The Daily Dribble looks at potential landing spots for Rajon Rondo.
- Fantasy Basketball Money Leagues looks at the Kevin Love deal from a fantasy perspective.
- Red Rock Basketball talks Knicks on their latest podcast.
- Liberty Ballers previews something very cool coming to Philadelphia.
- Detroit Bad Boys is excited for some long distance shooting.