Jack Cooley is a candidate to be signed to a 10-day deal by the Jazz, Tony Jones of The Salt Lake Tribune reports (Twitter link). Utah is in need of frontcourt depth in the wake of the Enes Kanter trade. Cooley currently plays for the Idaho Stampede, the Jazz‘s D-League affiliate. In 15 D-League games, Cooley is averaging 15.0 points, 10.3 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks in 28.5 minutes per contest.
Here’s more from the Western Conference:
- It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Jazz re-sign swingman Chris Johnson, whom the team had on a 10-day contract a few weeks ago, tweets Jody Genessy of the Deseret News.
- The Clippers met with D-Leaguer Eric Griffin in New York over the weekend and discussed a 10-day deal, but no move is expected, league sources tell Shams Charania of RealGM (on Twitter). Griffin hooked on with the Texas Legends after being waived by the Mavs in October.
- The Clippers have two roster openings and Arash Markazi of ESPNLosAngeles.com (on Twitter) hears that they plan to fill both. They’ll likely go with two bought out players but they could sign one buyout guy and one player to a 10-day deal.
- The Jazz like Alex Abrines, one of the Thunder’s draft-and-stash prospects, Genessy notes (Twitter link). Abrines, a 21-year-old shooting guard, is under contract with Barcelona of Spain until 2016, as our draft rights held players database shows.
- The Jazz showed interest in Shane Larkin before the deadline, sources told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com (Twitter link).
- Just as the Timberwolves would reportedly like to sign Kevin Garnett for two more years, Garnett fully intends to play at least one more season, according to Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune (Twitter link).
Chuck Myron and Zach Links contributed to this post.