On this date in 2001, Mavericks big man Wang Zhizhi played in his first NBA game, a 108-94 win over the Hawks, becoming the first Chinese player to compete in the NBA. Wang had six points and three rebounds in eight minutes of play against Atlanta.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Posterized Basketball sees the Mavericks as a failed experiment.
- Road To The Association is excited about Thanasis Antetokounmpo.
- The Sixer Sense says Mario Hezonja is a big deal.
- Slam Dunk Zone looked at Isaiah Thomas, an unlikely Sixth Man of the Year candidate.
- House Of Houston ran down possible first round matchups for the Rockets.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.