The relationship between the NBA and the D-League continues to grow, and 17 NBA franchises currently have one-to-one D-League affiliates amongst the 18 D-League teams. The remaining 13 NBA teams shared the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season. We at Hoops Rumors will be recapping each team’s use of the D-League this season, looking at assignments and recalls as well as the players signed out of the D-League. We’ll continue onward with a look back at how the Heat utilized the D-League during the 2014/15 campaign…
D-League Team: Sioux Falls Skyforce
Affiliation Type: One-to-one
D-League Team Record: 29-21
Number of NBA Players Assigned To D-League: 4
Total D-League Assignments: 5
Player Stats While On Assignment
- Andre Dawkins: 1 assignment, 7 games, 16.1 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.4 APG. .382/.325/.818.
- Zoran Dragic: 1 assignment, 4 games, 16.5 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 3.3 APG. .382/.391/.750.
- Shabazz Napier: 2 assignments, 4 games, 19.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 3.5 APG. .419/.450/.810.
- Hassan Whiteside: 1 assignment, 1 game, 21.0 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 4.0 BPG. .909/.000/.500.
- Tyler Johnson (Sioux Falls Skyforce-Heat affiliate): Signed 1st 10-day contract on January 12th; inked 2nd 10-day deal on January 29th; signed for the remainder of the season on February 8th.
- Henry Walker (Sioux Falls Skyforce–Heat affiliate): Signed 1st 10-day deal on February 21st; inked 2nd 10-day pact on March 3rd; signed for the remainder of the season on March 13th.
- Hassan Whiteside (Iowa Energy-Grizzlies affiliate): Signed on November 24th for the remainder of the 2014/15 season.
- December 4th: Assigned Andre Dawkins (Recalled December 21st)
- December 13th: Assigned Hassan Whiteside (Recalled December 15th)
- December 13th: Assigned Shabazz Napier (Recalled December 15th)
- December 30th: Assigned Shabazz Napier (Recalled January 6th)
- March 4th: Assigned Zoran Dragic (Recalled March 15th)