The 2015 NBA draft is less than a month away, and for teams that aren’t still participating in the NBA playoffs, the focus is on using that event to build toward a better future. Now that the NBA Draft lottery is complete, the speculation can truly begin as to which player each franchise will pin its hopes on for the future. Of course, having one of the top selections in any draft doesn’t guarantee that a team will snag a future All-Star. Team executives and scouts still have the difficult task of making the correct call with their picks.
With this in mind we at Hoops Rumors will be taking a look back at the draft history of the primary basketball executive for each NBA team. Their names, reputations, and possibly employment will be on the line as a result of the decisions to come on June 25th, and we’ll be examining what they’ve done in previous years in charge of a club’s front office. Note that many of them have played other sorts of roles within a team’s executive structure, but this won’t take that into account. We’ll continue onward with a look back at the calls made by Raptors GM Masai Ujiri.
Nuggets (August 2010-May 2013)
- No. 22 Overall — Kenneth Faried: 281 games, 12.2 PPG, 8.7 RPG, and 1.1 APG. .541/.091/.654.
- No. 26 Overall — Jordan Hamilton*: 140 games, 5.5 PPG, 2.6 RPG, and 0.7 APG. .405/.366/.671.
- No. 56 Overall — Chukwudiebere Maduabum**: No regular season NBA appearances.
**Acquired from the Lakers in exchange for a 2013 second-rounder (Alex Oriakhi).
- No. 20 Overall — Evan Fournier: 172 games, 8.9 PPG, 2.3 RPG, and 1.6 APG. .437/.380/.744.
- No. 38 Overall — Quincy Miller: 69 games, 4.3 PPG, 2.4 RPG, and 0.5 APG. .350/.292/.706.
- No. 50 Overall — Izzet Turkyilmaz: No regular season NBA appearances.
Raptors (May 2013-Present)
- No first-rounder. The No. 12 overall pick (Steven Adams) owned by the Thunder.
- No second-rounder. The No. 41 overall pick (Jamaal Franklin) owned by the Grizzlies.
- No. 20 Overall — Bruno Caboclo: 8 games, 1.3 PPG, 0.3 RPG, and 0.1 BPG. .333/.667/.000.
- No. 37 Overall — DeAndre Daniels: No regular season NBA appearances.
*Traded the No. 59 overall pick (Xavier Thames) to the Nets for cash.