On this date in 1993, tragedy struck on the Autobahn when a car crash took the life of rising star Drazen Petrovic. Beloved from Zagreb, Croatia to East Rutherford, New Jersey for his willingness to shoot from anywhere on the court and infectious enthusiasm, Petrovic’s premature death shook the basketball world to its core.
Since it has been more than two decades since his passing, there are some readers of this website who were not old enough to remember Draz’s glory days in New Jersey and his impact on the game around the world. A good place to start for those of you who want to learn more about the Hall of Famer would be a viewing of the 30 for 30 production Once Brothers, which profiles the relationship between the Petro and Vlade Divac. Before you start watching that, let’s take a look at the best stuff from around the basketball blogosphere this week.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- The Starting Five says LeBron James is the king of rock.
- Six Championship Drive looked at Joe Johnson as a trade target for the Pistons.
- Keep It Cavalier recapped Game 1.
- Hoop Trends caught up with former Mavs first-round pick Maurice Ager.
- Steve’s Stance gave a tip of the cap to Harrison Barnes.
Legion Report looks at three keys to a Cavaliers Finals victory.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.