It was a relatively quiet week in the NBA, at least compared to the flurries leading up to and immediately after the trade deadline. Still there were some significant headlines that will impact contenders over the course of the next little while. Take a look through the transactions, injuries and rumors that popped up over the last seven days.
- The Hawks claimed Jose Calderon off of waivers.
- The Pelicans signed Jordan Crawford to a 10-day contract.
- The Sixers signed Shawn Long to a 10-day contract.
- The Mavs signed Jarrod Uthoff to a 10-day contract.
- The Mavs signed Manny Harris to a 10-day contract.
- The Rockets signed Troy Williams to a 10-day contract.
- The Timberwolves signed Lance Stephenson to a second 10-day contract.
- The Pelicans signed Hollis Thompson to a second 10-day contract.
- The Lakers signed David Nwaba to a second 10-day contract.
- The Hornets signed Briante Weber to a second 10-day contract.
- The Hornets signed Johnny O’Bryant III to a second 10-day contract.
- Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge has been ruled out indefinitely with a heart arrhythmia.
- Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard entered concussion protocol following a collision on Thursday.
- Cavaliers center Andrew Bogut fractured his tibia in the first minute of his Cavs career. He’s been ruled out for the remainder of the season.
- Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith is back in the lineup for the first time since fracturing his thumb in December.
- Trail Blazers center Festus Ezeli has undergone knee surgery and been ruled out for the remainder of the 2016/17 season.
- The Lakers formally announced the hiring of Rob Pelinka as general manager of the franchise. Pelinka has fully divested from his sports agency.
- Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer was suspended one game for making incidental contact with an official.
- Acclaimed draft prospect Markelle Fultz has announced that he’ll enter the NBA Draft this summer.
- The Cavaliers are in serious discussions with free agent big man Larry Sanders, though no deal has yet been announced.
- The Cavaliers are planning to waive Andrew Bogut in light of his season ending tibia fracture.
- Ahead of schedule in his recovery from a thumb injury, free agent forward Omri Casspi is said to be drawing interest from playoff teams.
- Kings forward Rudy Gay has apparently not yet decided whether or not he’ll turn down his player option for the 2017/18 season.
- Lakers veteran Luol Deng is seeing his role decrease in Los Angeles as the club makes room for its young core.