Here are Friday’s assignments and recalls from around the NBA G League:
- In a rare move by an NBA veteran, Sixers big man Amir Johnson was granted a request to play for the Delaware Blue Coats on Friday in order to get some playing time, according to Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Philadelphia will recall Johnson in time for its game against Portland on Saturday. Johnson was in the rotation earlier in the season but hasn’t seen the court since January 26.
- The Magic assigned rookie guard Melvin Frazier Jr. to Lakeland, the team’s PR department tweets. The second-round pick appeared in Orlando’s last four games before the All-Star break but didn’t go longer than five minutes.
- The Spurs assigned first-round pick Lonnie Walker IV to the Austin Spurs, according to a team press release. Walker IV has seen action in 20 games with Austin, averaging 16.2 PPG in 27.3 MPG. He’s played in six games with San Antonio.
- The Hornets assigned forward Dwayne Bacon and rookie guard Devonte’ Graham to the Greensboro Swarm, according to a team press release. Bacon has played in 25 NBA games this season and 12 more with the Swarm. He’s averaging 20.4 PPG and 7.5 RPG in 32.4 MPG at the G League level. Graham has seen action in 31 games with the Hornets and eight with the Swarm. He’s averaging 21.3 PPG and 5.0 APG in 33.1 MPG for Greensboro.
- The Pacers assigned rookie forward Alize Johnson to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, according to a team press release. The second-round pick has played 11 NBA games this season. He’s averaging 19.2 PPG and 13.6 RPG in 36.9 MPG over 25 games with Fort Wayne.
- The Heat recalled forward Emanuel Terry from the Sioux Falls Skyforce, according to a team press release. Miami signed Terry, who has averaged 15.3 PPG and 8.9 RPG in 10 games with the Skyforce, to a 10-day contract on Wednesday.