Four Nets players have tested positive for the coronavirus, the team announced today in a press release. Brooklyn didn’t identify those players in its announcement, but said that all four are isolated and under the care of team doctors. Three of the four players aren’t exhibiting symptoms, according to the club.
The Nets are in the process of notifying anyone who recently had known contact with the affected players, including recent opponents, and has asked all members of its travel party to remain isolated and closely monitor their health, the team said in its release.
The latest news means that the total number of NBA players diagnosed with COVID-19 is up to seven, as the four affected Nets join a list that already included Jazz stars Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell and Pistons big man Christian Wood.
Neither the Jazz nor the Pistons recently faced the Nets, so it doesn’t appear there are any obvious connections between all the cases. Brooklyn’s three most recent opponents were the Lakers (March 10), Bulls (March 8), and Spurs (March 6) — none of those teams played Utah or Detroit recently either.
The Nets had been scheduled to face the Warriors in a game without fans last Thursday night before Gobert’s positive test prompted the NBA to suspend its season on Wednesday.