The deadline for teams to issue qualifying offers to players eligible for restricted free agency was at 5:00pm ET on Sunday, but news of a handful of under-the-radar QOs continues to trickle in several hours later.
Green, 28, was sent from Boston to Chicago along with Daniel Theis in a three-team deadline deal and played a limited role for the team down the stretch, averaging 2.6 PPG and 1.2 RPG in 16 games (8.0 MPG). He’ll now start the 2021/22 league year as a restricted free agent.
Here are a few more QO updates:
- The Thunder issued a qualifying offer to make forward Josh Hall a restricted free agent, tweets Smith.
- The Hawks tendered a qualifying offer to former LSU shooting guard Skylar Mays, tweets Smith.
- The Mavericks have extended a qualifying offer to 22-year-old shooting guard Nate Hinton, tweets Smith.
- The Sixers have issued a qualifying offer to guard Rayjon Tucker to make him a restricted free agent, tweets Smith.
- Because all four of these players just finished the first season of a two-way contract with their respective teams, their QOs will be the equivalent of another two-way deal with a $50K guarantee.