The Wizards are among the teams to register trade interest in Spurs center Jakob Poeltl, Marc Stein reports at Substack. As Stein writes, Boston and Toronto have been the clubs most frequently cited as suitors for the big man in recent weeks — Washington is a new addition to the Poeltl sweepstakes. Still, Stein hears that as of Wednesday morning, there didn’t appear to be a logical trade match between the Wizards and Spurs.
Here are a few more trade rumors from around the NBA:
- Although Gary Harris has been mentioned as a trade candidate in Orlando, Stein hears that the Magic may prefer to hang onto the veteran swingman through Thursday’s deadline, since the team values his locker room presence on a young roster.
- Nerlens Noel is the Pistons veteran most likely to be on the move this week, according to Stein, who says the Heat and Sixers continue to convey interest in the veteran center.
- Multiple rival executives consider the Warriors good bets to make a move by Thursday’s deadline, according to Steve Bulpett of Heavy.com. “To me, there’s nobody more incentivized toward making a deal than the Warriors,” one league exec told Bulpett, pointing to Golden State’s veteran stars and pricey payroll. “Now. Right now. This is one of those years. You can’t waste this year. You’ve got to roll with this year.”
- As of late Tuesday night, there was pessimism that the Knicks will make a deal with the Jazz for Jarred Vanderbilt and/or Malik Beasley, says Ian Begley of SNY.tv. Although the two teams have discussed a potential trade, as HoopsHype reported over the weekend, some people in New York’s front office aren’t sold on Vanderbilt’s and Beasley’s fit with the current roster, Begley explains.
- Although there has been some speculation that the Nuggets may be reluctant to deal with the Timberwolves after how Tim Connelly‘s move from Denver to Minnesota played out, a Nuggets team source insisted to Sam Amick of The Athletic that Connelly’s history wouldn’t be a roadblock if the two teams wanted to make a deal involving Bones Hyland or another player.
Retweet 3 Share 0 Send via email0
13 thoughts on “Trade Rumors: Poeltl, Wizards, G. Harris, Noel, Warriors, Knicks, More”
If the wizards wants a bigman.
Kyle Kuzma to warriors and they can have james wiseman and other additional pieces.
Yet the Knicks should definitely pass on that trade with Utah.
Listening to warrior reporters they doubt the warriors will make any big move. maybe a small one but since the payroll is so far above the cap there is not much they can do.
They should let green walk, Kuzma is a very good offensive option while curry is out right now.
WHO CARES ABOUT THE PAYROLL THIS YEAR ?? Haven’t the Warriors proven to the entire planet they don’t care about the payroll? It’s $500 million.
I think they can fix it this summer if it gets to be unpalatable. As the guy says and I agree, everything goes into this season. Every ounce of effort. Curry’s 34 Thompson’s 32 these guys have been getting dinged up and you’re not guaranteed anything next year. Dissension, guys want to leave, guys want to get traded, don’t get the ball enough etc. You never know what could happen.
Now is the time.
It is not an issue of caring about the size of this year’s payroll. It is an issue of the cap preventing the Warriors from making a significant trade. It’s really not a hard concept to understand.
The amount of money that comes in must equal the amount of money that goes out. Yeah real tough to understand.
With this in mind, please explain to us why having a massive payroll hurts the ability to make trades?
I’m the first to admit that I miss things and may not understand all of the cap rules. Please enlighten.
My comment went over your head. The warriors can’t make many moves based on payroll. There is not much wiggle room due to contracts are mostly untradeable because of extensions or too important pieces on the team to trade. That leaves you with Green, Wiseman, Moody, and Kuminga. No way they trade Kuminga. So anyone over $15 million is not coming to the warriors.
Okay that makes sense.
Wizards will replace gafford for poeltl?
Downgrade? or Upgrade?
Nobody is gonna get traded. Lol
Pessimism? Among whom? FO people don’t have a rooting interest in a deal happening or not.
I like Vanderbilt, no to Beasley.