Let's pass along some of tonight's miscellaneous news and notes from the Western Conference:
- Brian Gutierrez of ESPN Dallas evaluates the Mavericks' signing of second-round pick Ricky Ledo and gives the team a "B" grade for the move.
- Although Wayne Ellington wasn't one of the more heralded free agents signings for the Mavs this summer, Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com underscores the value that the former UNC standout brings to the table as a shooter.
- Ronald Murray and Dallas Lauderdale will be participating in Jazz mini-camp this week, according to Mary Schmitt-Boyer of the Plain Dealer (via Twitter).
- 1500 ESPN's Darren Wolfson tweets that former Timberwolves executive David Kahn had spoken with a few teams about front office roles in addition to interviewing for the 76ers' GM opening.
- Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times thinks that Brandon Davies has a legitimate chance to make the Clippers' opening night roster. However, considering the team's luxury tax situation, Pincus is curious to see how the team will ultimately make their decision on him (Sulia link).