Away from all the hoopla in Manhattan, Deron Williams looked to remain focused about his upcoming matchup tonight against the Grizzlies. When asked about the recent emergence of Jeremy Lin, Williams seemed apathetic. "Y'all got anything about [our game]?" Williams asked. "Anything that's relevant with us?"
That's where we come in. Here are a few notes about the Nets and the rest of the Atlantic Division.
- Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News mentioned (via Twitter) a possible return of Nets center Brook Lopez before the All-Star break. Also, Colin Stephenson of The Star-Ledger tweeted that Jordan Farmar did not suit up for tonight's game due to a strained right groin.
- Ian Begley of ESPN New York writes that Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony could return as early as Friday's game against the Hornets.
- Bob Cooney of Philly.com discusses the uncertainty of how active the Sixers will be in the trade market before the deadline.
- Chris Forsberg of ESPNBoston.com touches upon the durability of Kevin Garnett, the trade value of Jermaine O'Neal, and the current state of the Celtics.
- Linas Kleiza is out of the Raptors lineup after injuring himself during Tuesday's game against the Knicks, according to a tweet by Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun.