We've already covered a few draft rumors today, and Zach Links went in-depth on West Virginia power forward Kevin Jones in our latest Prospect Profile. There's plenty more going on as the draft approaches, including news from John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer that the Sixers put point guard Marquis Teague through an "exhaustive" individual workout this morning. Bookmark this post for the rest of the day's draft news, with latest on top.
- Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star has an article on the Pacers' scouting staff as they prepare to pick 26th overall in Thursday's draft.
- Kurt Helin of NBC Sports looks at several players with the potential to become the second-best talents in the draft.
- Marcus Thompson of the San Jose Mercury News suggests Meyers Leonard as a possible fit for the Warriors.
- The Lakers are in talks to acquire a first-round pick, and could be after the Heat's selection at No. 27, Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio tweets.
- Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer offers his thoughts on the implications of a rumored swap of the second and fourth picks by the Bobcats and Cavs.
- Marcus Thompson II of the Bay Area News Group thinks the Warriors could trade down from No. 7 and still get the player they want, unless it's Damian Lillard or Dion Waiters. He also believes the team will give serious consideration to Andre Drummond (Twitter links).
- We have the latest from Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com in a separate post.
- Nick Menta and Josh Jurnavoy of CSNPhilly.com have details on today's Sixers big man workout featuring Perry Jones III, Terrence Jones, Arnett Moultrie, Andrew Nicholson, John Henson and Tyler Zeller.
- If the Warriors draft a big man with the seventh pick, it will be either Tyler Zeller or Meyers Leonard, according to Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle. Simmons also has a list of the players who will work out Sunday for the Warriors, joining Moe Harkless (Sulia links).
- Steve Luhm of The Salt Lake Tribune shares Jazz GM Kevin O'Connor's thoughts on trading into the first round. "Just because we're quiet doesn't mean we're not working," O'Connor said. "We're talking to a lot of people about a lot of things" (Twitter links).
- St. John's small forward Moe Harkless is drawing heavy interest from the Warriors, Blazers and Kings, says Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv. The small forward from St. John's will work out Sunday for the Warriors and Monday for the Kings (Twitter links).
- Tony Wroten, Andrew Nicholson and Kevin Jones highlight the players auditioning Monday for the Grizzlies, who will bring Marquis Teague in Tuesday for a workout, reports Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
- Ryan Blake, the NBA's director of scouting, doesn't foresee either Terrence Jones or Perry Jones III being available when the Mavs pick 17th, tweets Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Sam Amick of SI.com explains why Mike Scott, Will Barton, Scott Machado, Tony Wroten and Kyle O'Quinn are potential sleepers.
- Hornets coach Dell Demps believes the 46th pick is valuable considering the depth of the draft, tweets Jim Eichenhofer of Hornets.com, and says the team is "looking at every possible opportunity with the No. 10 pick," tweets John Reid of The Times-Picayune.