With the draft just four days away, teams are scurrying to get their plans in order before Thursday evening's big event in Newark, NJ. Saturday saw another full slate of draft rumors and Sunday's already shaping up to look the same. Ft. Worth Star-Telegram's Dwain Price reports the Mavs will be looking to add a rotation-type player with the 17th pick. We'll keep track of all of the day's latest draft news and happenings with the most recent information on top.
- The Rockets are looking to move into the top 10, dangling some combination of picks 14, 16 and Kyle Lowry, says Chad Ford. Ford suspects that the Rockets are eyeing UConn's Andre Drummond and could be speaking with the Kings at pick 5 and the Raptors at pick 8.
- Jodie Valade addresses the comparisons between Bradley Beal and Ray Allen in a story for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, implying that Beal could be more versatile than Allen.
- Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group takes a look at potential Warriors targets Moe Harkless, Terrence Ross and Quincy Miller and where the selection of the three wings would make sense for Golden State.
- The Jazz have a history of striking gold in the second round, writes Steve Luhm of the Salt Lake Tribune. The Jazz pick 47th on Thursday, the same pick they have found second round steals Paul Millsap and Mo Williams with in recent drafts.
- Matt Steinmetz from CSN Bay Area has more on Moe Harkless' workout with the Warriors, including video of him answering questions from the media.
- Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops revealed a number of draft related items via Twitter/Sulia feed, including that the Wizards are looking to swap picks with the Bobcats to ensure they land Bradley Beal.
- ESPN's David Thorpe, in an insider piece, takes a look at what the Warriors and Magic should be looking for. Golden State picks seventh and Orlando 19th.
- Frank Fitzpatrick of the Philadelphia Inquirer put together a profile on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who went to high school in New Jersey.
- Kevin Massoth of USA Today examines the tough decision Bradley Beal faced on entering the draft versus returning for his sophomore season at Florida.
- Sam Amick of SI.com tweets that Moe Harkless, after working out for the Warriors (pick seven), will work out for the Kings (pick five) who are showing serious interest. Terrence Ross was supposed to work out against Harkless in Golden State, but couldn't because of an ankle injury (via Rusty Simmons on Twitter).
- Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune says Royce White, while blessed with immense talent, could be the hardest player to project given his star-crossed journey to the NBA draft.
- The Knicks will work out Erving Walker, Oscar Bellfield, Marcus Denmon and Harouna Mutombo on Monday, tweets Adam Zagoria of Zagsblog.com.
- The Cavs are currently trying to trade for the Bobcats' No. 2 pick, but FOX Sports Ohio's Sam Amico says he would be surprised if a deal came to fruition (via Twitter).
- The News-Herald's Bob Finnan has the latest news on the Cavs' draft plans and rumors from around the league.
- The Sixers plan to draft for talent rather than to fill a specific need, writes John N. Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Ronald Tillery of The Commercial Appeal says to look for the Grizzlies to select a shooting guard such as Vanderbilt's John Jenkins with the 25th pick in the draft.
- This year's draft will have more of an American feel as executives have seemingly cooled on the international talent pool, suggests Dwain Price of the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.
- The Sacramento Bee's Ailene Voisin says the Kings will have numerous options to consider as they head into Thursday's draft armed with the fifth overall pick.