Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News has a new column focusing on Miami Heat president Pat Riley, who is attempting to build a new dynasty in Miami following the team's NBA Finals victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday. Here are the highlights of the column:
- Lawrence believes that even if the Heat had lost for the second straight year in the Finals, head coach Erik Spoelstra was not going to lose his job, given Riley's investment in him as a successor.
- Lawrence hears that Shaquille O'Neal was interested in the Orlando Magic GM job that was recently filled by Rob Hennigan, but announced his lack of interest when the reported pay was lower than he was seeking.
- The Bulls may look to move Joakim Noah and Luol Deng this summer in order to clear room to sign new deals with Taj Gibson and Omer Asik, Lawrence hears.
- The Knicks, Lawrence writes, will be in the market for a shooting guard this summer, with Jason Terry, O.J. Mayo, and Ray Allen being their top priorities.
- Executives in Dallas believe that Deron Williams is leaning towards re-signing with the Brooklyn Nets.