This morning, we learned that the Magic are expected to sign Armon Johnson and DeQuan Jones to non-guaranteed contracts. That's one of a handful of items related to Eastern Conference teams today, so let's round up the rest right here:
- Although he worked out with the team recently, it doesn't sound as if Ryan Gomes will be in training camp with the Bobcats, tweets Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
- Unrestricted free agent D.J. White spent the last season and a half with the Bobcats, but it doesn't appear he'll be back in Charlotte either. David Pick of Sportando reports that White is drawing interest from Israeli team Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- After receiving head coach consideration this offseason, Michael Curry will return to the 76ers' staff, and coach Doug Collins is elated to have him back, writes Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News.
- The Celtics have added former Erie BayHawks head coach Jay Larranaga to their staff as an assistant coach, the team announced today in a press release. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports first reported the hire last month.
- Asked whether Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis will provide the Heat more "bang for the buck," Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel says Lewis "could be a revelation" if he provides some rebounding and defense for Miami.
Retweet 0 Share 0 Send via email0