It's been a busy night out West in the NBA. On the depressing side of things, we found out that Channing Frye of the Suns will likely be sidelined for the entire year with a heart issue. Here is hoping that Frye makes it back to full strength, as he says he should. In lighter news, the Kings will give free agent center Hamady N'Diaye a shot to make their roster in training camp.
Here is what else is going on in the Pacific division:
- We covered this yesterday, but the Warriors said today, via press release, that Stephen Curry has received full medical clearance on his right ankle. Curry is good to resume all basketball activities right away.
- Curry's teammate, Andrew Bogut, has had ankle issues of his own. Bogut spoke with Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury, saying that he should be ready for the team's opener, among other things.
- Yannis Koutroupis of HoopsWorld transcribes parts of an interview that Lakers coach Mike Brown gave with ESPN LA, detailing where Brown outlines how newly acquired Dwight Howard will help the Lakers right now and in the future.
- John Hollinger of ESPN gives a detailed breakdown of the Clippers 2012-13 roster, insider only. Jamal Crawford, Grant Hill and Lamar Odom highlight the offseason additions for the Clips.
- HoopsWorld published their season preview for the Clippers. The HoopsWorld staff is predicting a second place finish across the board for the Clips, presumably with the Lakers finishing atop the Pacific pack.