On this date in 1993, Chuck Daly became the 15th coach in NBA history to register 500 career victories, after his Nets defeated the visiting Lakers 106-91. Daly, who passed away in 2009, enjoyed a remarkable coaching career punctuated by back-to-back world titles with the Pistons and winning the gold medal with the 1992 Dream Team.
If you have a great blog piece that you think we should feature next week, then send it to me at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here's this week's look around the blogosphere..
- Bleed Green looks at trade candidates that can help the Celtics.
- True Sports Blog turns in their breakout players for 2012/13.
- NBA247365 turns in their Eastern Conference All-Star team.
- Utah Sports Net brings the entertainment.
- The NBA Geek stands up for Mike D'Antoni.
- The Basketball Post talks Tiago Splitter.
- Red94 asks if the Rockets should make a run at a prominent big man.
- Hoops Addict is worried about DeMar DeRozan.
- 3 Shades Of Blue feels for Marc Gasol.
- Bucksketball doesn't see a great deal of difference between Jim Boylan and Scott Skiles.
- Hardwood Paroxysm delivers some dual point guard analysis.
- Bright Side Of The Sun gets philosophical.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.