As the lengthy layoff between Game Two and Game Three of the Western Conference Finals continues, let's check out a few links from around the West….
- Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times breaks down the pros and cons of a few potential candidates for the Clippers' head coaching position.
- Larry Drew hasn't been mentioned yet as a Clippers target, but he'd have interest in the job, tweets Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Peter May of Sheridan Hoops and Jonathan Tjarks of RealGM.com are the latest writers to make the case for why Dwight Howard should sign with the Rockets instead of the Lakers. Given Houston's relative youth and cleaner cap outlook, you can certainly see the logic behind the argument, particularly when it's not you who would be giving up $30MM+.
- In an in-depth piece for Blazer's Edge, Dave Deckard explores the possibility of the Trail Blazers trading up in next month's draft.
- If the Mavericks make a pitch to free agent point guard Chris Paul, can they sell him on complementing him with a strong supporting cast? Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com attempts to answer that question.