De’Mon Brooks of Davidson has chosen Keith Kreiter of Edge Sports to represent him heading into the draft, per a tweet from Shams Charania of RealGM. Charania adds that Brooks is a potential second rounder, although DraftExpress isn’t as optimistic, ranking the power forward as just the 86th best senior prospect. Here’s a roundup of the rest of tonight’s draft notes:
- While UConn’s DeAndre Daniels chose to enter the draft this year, fellow Huskie Ryan Boatright has decided to return for his senior season, the team announced via Twitter.
- Boatright wanted to declare, but took the advice of those who cautioned he might not get drafted, per a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Wojnarowski says that advice was accurate, and it lines up with the projections of Draft Express and ESPN Insider Chad Ford, who didn’t have the point guard getting selected in either round in 2014.
- Frank Kaminsky told Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com that he will return to Wisconsin rather than enter this year’s draft. Kaminsky has been expected to wait to enter 2015 draft, where DraftExpress has him projected as a late first-rounder.
- The big man tells Goodman he wavered somewhat on his decision. “It was a tough decision, but I think the best thing for me is to stay another year and develop even more,” the 7-footer told Goodman. “I made a commitment to the school and I don’t think I can turn my back on the people who have been there for me.”
- An NBA scout tells Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that UNLV’s Khem Birch is a second-rounder at best who will need to work on his offense in the D-League (Twitter links).