Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.
On this date in 2001, the Lakers defeated the 76ers 108-96 in Game 5 of NBA Finals 2001, completing the most dominating playoff run in NBA history. The Lakers posted a 15-1 record and .937 winning percentage in NBA Playoffs 2001, both NBA records. Shaquille O’Neal was named NBA Finals MVP for the second consecutive season, joining Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon as the only players to win consecutive NBA Finals MVP awards.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- NBADraft.net says R.C. Buford is the Spurs’ secret to success.
- Six Championship Drive scouts DeAndre Daniels.
- Sports of Boston looks at Aaron Gordon.
- Legion Report turns in their latest mock draft.
- Posting And Toasting wonders if Carmelo Anthony leaving could benefit Derek Fisher.
- RaptorsHQ runs down ten prospects they’d like to see Toronto check out.
- Indy Cornrows takes a fresh look at Lance Stephenson.
- Blog A Bull talks Chicago and Kevin Love.