On this date in 1986, Manute Bol of the Washington Bullets blocked 15 shots in a 111-103 win over Atlanta. His total is tied for second (Orlando’s Shaquille O’Neal had 15 rejections at New Jersey on November 20, 1993), behind the NBA record of 17 blocks by the Lakers’ Elmore Smith on October 28, 1973. Bol would match that total about 13 months later when he swatted 15 shots against the Pacers in February of 1987.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Slam Dunk Zone discussed Danny Ainge‘s rebuilding ingenuity.
- New York Sports Guys wonders if the Knicks will miss out on Jahlil Okafor.
- Legion Report looks at the evolution of Andrew Wiggins.
- OT Nation makes the case for the Hawks.
- Posterized Basketball predicted the All-Star reserves.