It’s only a matter of hours until today’s 2pm Central trade deadline, and Hoops Rumors has you covered. We have several resources to help you prepare for the action that’s about to unfold and enjoy the deadline to its fullest:
- Our Trade Candidate Series goes in depth on more than a dozen players who have decent chances of changing teams today.
- Trade exceptions allow transactions that otherwise wouldn’t work to take place, and they can be powerful tools for the teams that possess them. Check out our complete list here and the exceptions expiring at the deadline here.
- Our round-by-round look at traded draft picks provides a glimpse of who owes valuable draft assets to whom and when those debts will come due.
- Nearly half the league is either paying the luxury tax or within $5MM of the tax threshold. See the teams courting the tax, many of which figure to be especially wary of finances today.
- Draft-and-stash prospects commonly end up in trades. See a complete list of all the draft rights held players and their whereabouts, courtesy of Mark Porcaro.
- Catch up with a list of trades that have taken place so far this season.
- Find out how teams have fared after making major trades in the past with Eddie Scarito’s Trade Retrospective Series, which examines landmark swaps with in-depth historical analysis.
- Our team-specific and transactions-only feeds help you customize the trade deadline news so you get only the information that’s relevant to you.
- The free Trade Rumors app is also highly customizable and now lets you set up notifications to keep you in the loop no matter where you go.