The relationship between the NBA and the D-League continues to grow, and 17 NBA franchises currently have one-to-one D-League affiliates amongst the 18 D-League teams. The remaining 13 NBA teams shared the Fort Wayne Mad Ants this season. We at Hoops Rumors will be recapping each team’s use of the D-League this season, looking at assignments and recalls as well as the players signed out of the D-League. We’ll continue onward with a look back at how the Lakers utilized the D-League during the 2014/15 campaign…
D-League Team: Los Angeles D-Fenders
Affiliation Type: One-to-one
D-League Team Record: 17-33
Number of NBA Players Assigned To D-League: 4
Total D-League Assignments: 9
Player Stats While On Assignment
- Jordan Clarkson: 5 assignments, 5 games, 22.6 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 7.8 APG. .500/.222/.810.
- Xavier Henry: 2 assignments, 2 games, 26.0 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.0 APG. .455/.500/.895.
- Tarik Black: 1 assignment, 1 game, 23.0 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 3.0 APG. .643/.500/.833.
- Ryan Kelly: 1 assignment, 1 game, 30.0 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.0 APG. .444/.333/.917.
- Vander Blue (L.A. D-Fenders-Lakers affiliate): Signed for the remainder of season on April 13th.
- Dwight Buycks (Oklahoma City Blue-Thunder affiliate): Inked a 10-day pact on April 3rd.
- Jabari Brown (L.A. D-Fenders-Lakers affiliate): Signed 1st 10-day contract on March 10th; inked 2nd 10-day deal on March 21st; signed multiyear deal on April 1st.
- November 15th: Assigned Jordan Clarkson (Recalled November 16th)
- November 15th: Assigned Xavier Henry (Recalled November 16th)
- Novermber 22nd: Assigned Jordan Clarkson (Recalled November 23rd)
- November 22nd: Assigned Xavier Henry (Recalled November 23rd)
- December 6th: Assigned Jordan Clarkson (Recalled December 7th)
- December 18th: Assigned Jordan Clarkson (Recalled December 19th)
- January 3rd: Assigned Jordan Clarkson (Recalled January 4th)
- January 3rd: Assigned Tarik Black (Recalled January 4th)
- January 30th: Assigned Ryan Kelly (Recalled January 31st)