The latest piece from ESPN.com’s Marc Stein is packed full of noteworthy trade rumors and tidbits, many of which we’ve already passed along. As Stein reported, the Trail Blazers are eyeing Tyson Chandler, the Nuggets are “openly shopping” Jusuf Nurkic, the Hawks are seeking at least a “quality” first-round pick to headline a Paul Millsap trade, and the Nets are looking for two first-rounders in any deal for Brook Lopez.
That’s not all though. Here’s a round-up of several more interesting notes from Stein:
- With the new designated player extension set to become available when the league’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement goes into effect in July, the Kings are preparing a summer extension pitch for DeMarcus Cousins, according to Stein. Given the opportunity to present Cousins with a strong extension offer, and the fact that they remain in the playoff hunt in the West, the Kings would require a “monster offer” to consider changing their plans and considering a Cousins trade.
- The Heat‘s asking price for Goran Dragic remains “too high to encourage any serious trade discussions,” according to Stein.
- Sources with knowledge of the situation have emphatically denied that the Bulls have made Jimmy Butler available, despite recent speculation to the contrary, Stein reports.
- Stein is also told that Mavericks swingman Wesley Matthews isn’t currently on the trade block. Sources tell Stein that Dallas has been “batting away pitches” for Matthews.
- While the Warriors are relatively short on trade options, they’re a strong candidate to add a player who gets bought out of his contract later in the season, says Stein.
- Stein also relays a report from ESPN colleague Chris Haynes, who says that Norris Cole is nearing a return to full health after battling a hamstring issue. Cole could draw interest from teams seeking point guard help, such as the Cavs.
Retweet 9 Share 0 Send via email0
11 thoughts on “Stein’s Latest: Cousins, Dragic, Butler, Matthews”
Maybe you trade Lopez to Portland for a first rounder and Crabbe since Brooklyn showed a desire for Allen Crabbe but Portland matched the offer sheet
Crabbe can’t be traded to Brooklyn for one year since they extended the offer portland matched
You could do Evan Tuner + Quarterman/Layman/Connaughton + Blazers 1st + Cavs 1st
If Celtics can’t get Noel or some other big name center, maybe take a look Nurkic or Chandler? Good fix for their rebounding issues.
Not chandler with the massive salary I hope. Nurkic would be great
Massive Salary it’s a mid-level in this salary cap? Chandler 12.4M. Cousins 17M Lopez 21.2M. Noel 4.4M. Nurkic 1.9M.
What do you think it takes to get Nurkic? He is super cheap. Bostons 2018 1st? + James Young (lol).
Chandler is gone, just where? I think the Suns would rather use Len, so why sign Chandler? If they trade him for another guard they should be demoted as a team to the D League.
Chandler, 12 , 13 & 13… salary is low with this climate, but he’s 34.. and you still gotta pay him at 36/37
The spurs should push for jimmy butler i know he is not on the trading block but i feel we got the assets the bulls would like danny dreen, kyle anderson, and a 2017 first round draft pick for jimmy butler both teams would be upgraded and the bulls would get not only a 3 point threat in green but a solid defender
That’s a terrible return for the Bulls! They would never do that. They get back role players and a late 1st rounder for a star, whose getting better and better.
Jane hancock papers