Dennis Smith Jr. is drawing interest from several lottery teams, Adam Zagoria of Zagsblog reports. The Knicks, Sixers, Wolves, and Kings have all reached out to the point guard to set up a workout. Smith is projected to be one of the top point guards taken on June 22 with Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony ranking him as the fourth-best player at the position and seventh-best player overall.
Here’s more on the upcoming draft:
- Ted Kapita will likely sign an agent and remain in the draft, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com (Twitter link). The big man scored just 4.3 points in 12.6 minutes per game during his lone season at North Carolina State.
- Johnathan Motley has signed an agent and will remain in the draft, John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald relays. Givony has Motley as the 40th best prospect in the draft.
- Christian Wilson has withdrawn from the draft, Jon Rothstein of Fan Rag passes along. Wilson did not play at all last season for the University of Texas at San Antonio due to an arrest.
- Jaaron Simmons, who graduated from the University of Ohio, will withdraw from the draft and play for Michigan, Brendan F. Quinn of Mlive.com reports Simmons will attempt to increase his stock with another collegiate season and Quinn notes that turnovers could be an area that the guard will look to improve. Simmons has 4.0 turnovers per contest last season.
- Oregon State’s Stephen Thompson Jr. has withdrawn his name from the draft, according to Danny Moran of The Oregonian. The guard averaged 16.3 points per game as a sophomore last season.
Retweet 6 Share 0 Send via email0