Yesterday we at Hoops Rumors passed along word of serious talks between the Celtics and 76ers concerning an exchange of picks No. 1 and No. 3 in next week’s draft. Here are some updates on the potential trade:
- Philadelphia’s 2018 unprotected first-round pick that was acquired from the Lakers has been part of the discussion, per Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical. The Sixers’ 2021 first-round pick is also possibly in play, tweets Wojnarowski.
- Markelle Fultz was scheduled to have a second meeting with the Celtics on Saturday, but that get-together was canceled, according to Keith Pompey and Bob Cooney of Philly.com.
- Talks are so far along that Fultz will work out for the Sixers later today, tweets Cooney. Fultz will work out for the Sixers at 6:00 P.M. EST and plans to speak to the media afterward, tweets Marc J. Spears of ESPN.com.
- While Boston and Philly may come to an agreement, the trade likely will not be done until draft night, according to Pompey (link via Twitter). In a subsequent tweet, Pompey explains why (Twitter link). If the Lakers draft Josh Jackson second overall, the trade will likely be of no use to the Celtics, who covet the small forward from Kansas.
- Despite Pompey’s timetable, Wojnarowski tweets that the Sixers and Celtics could finalize their trade after Fultz’s workout with Philadelphia on Saturday.